We reserve the right at any time to:
- Change the terms and conditions of these Terms;
- Change the Site, including eliminating or discontinuing any content on or feature of the Site; or
- Change any fees or charges for use of the Site.
Any changes we make will be effective immediately upon notice, which we may provide by any means including, without limitation, posting a revised version of these Terms on the Site. You can determine when these Terms were last revised by referring to the "Last Updated" legend at the top of these Terms. Your continued use of the Site after such notice will be deemed acceptance of such changes. Be sure to return to this page periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version of these Terms.
By using or attempting to use the Site, you certify that (i) you are a resident of the United States and are at least 13 years of age or, if under the age of 13, you have the consent of your parent or guardian (over the age of 18) to use the Site, or (ii) you are not a resident of the United States and are at least 18 years of age or, if under the age of 18, you have the consent of your parent or guardian (over the age of 18) to use the Site. If you do not meet these requirements or, if for any reason, you do not agree with all of the terms and conditions contained in these Terms, please discontinue using the Site immediately.
As part of the registration process, you will be asked to select a username and password. We may refuse to grant you a username that impersonates someone else, is or may be illegal, is or may be protected by trademark or other proprietary rights law, is vulgar or otherwise offensive, or may cause confusion, as determined by us in our sole discretion. Your user name and password are personal to you. You will be responsible for the confidentiality and use of your username and password, and for any and all activities (including purchases, as applicable) that are conducted through your account, and agree not to transfer or resell your use of or access to the Site to any third party. We are not liable for any harm caused or related to the theft or misappropriation of your user name or password, disclosure of your user name or password, or your authorization of anyone else to use your user name or password. If you have reason to believe that your account with us is no longer secure, you must promptly change your password by visiting www.ticketweb.com and immediately notify us of the problem by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Code of Conduct. In connection with User Content (as defined below) and your use of the Site, you agree that you will not:
- Restrict or inhibit any other visitor or member from using the Site, including, without limitation, by means of "hacking" or defacing any portion of the Site;
- Use the Site or Materials for any unlawful purpose;
- Express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us, without our prior written consent;
- Impersonate any person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, including any employee or representative of Ticketmaster;
- Transmit (a) any content or information that is unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable, or infringes our or any third party's intellectual property or other rights; (b) any material, non-public information about companies without the authorization to do so; (c) any trade secret of any third party; or (d) any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or other unsolicited commercial communication (except as otherwise expressly permitted by us),
- Engage in spamming or flooding;
- Transmit any software or other materials that contain any viruses, worms, Trojan horses, defects, date bombs, time bombs or other items of a destructive nature;
- Modify, adapt, sub-license, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Site;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained on the Site;
- "Frame" or "mirror" any part of the Site;
- Link to any page of or content on the Site other than the URL located at http://www.ticketweb.com;
- Use any robot, spider, offline reader, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, data mine or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site or its contents without our prior written consent, including with respect to any CAPTCHA displayed on the Site. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Ticketweb grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. Ticketweb reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases;
- Harvest or collect information about Site visitors or members without their express consent;
- Take any action that imposes or may impose (in Ticketweb's sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our (or our third party providers') infrastructure;
- Access, reload or "refresh" transactional event or ticketing pages, or make any other request to transactional servers, more than once during any three-second interval;
- Request more than 1,000 pages of the Site in any twenty-four hour period, whether alone or acting in concert with a group of individuals; or
- Use any passcode or password, regardless of whether or not such passcode or password is unique, to participate in a presale or other offer on the Site if you are not the original recipient of such passcode or password (i.e., if you did not receive the passcode or password from Ticketweb, or from the fan club or other organization with whom Ticketweb is working to enable such presale or offer) or if your participation in such presale or other offer is inconsistent with such presale's or offer's terms.
While using the Site, you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
3. Ownership and Restrictions on Use. The information and materials provided on or through the Site, including any data, text, designs, graphics, images, photographs, illustrations, audio and video clips, logos, icons and links (collectively, the "Materials") are owned exclusively by Ticketweb, and are intended to educate and inform you about the events, venues and other products and services offered or described on the Site. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, you may download one (1) copy of any Materials displayed on the Site, and you may use such downloaded Materials solely for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein. Ticketweb cannot guarantee that technical difficulties will not occur during the download of the Materials or that the Materials will download successfully. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, we grant you a limited license to use the Site and Materials; provided that you may not use, reproduce, modify, display, publicly perform, distribute, create derivative works of or circumvent any technological measure that effectively controls access to the Site and/or Materials in any way including, without limitation, by manual or automatic device or process, for any purpose. Use of the Site and Materials for any purpose other than as expressly authorized in these Terms is a violation of our copyrights and other proprietary rights, and is strictly prohibited.
The Site, including all Site software, databases, proprietary information and Materials (and any intellectual property and other rights relating thereto) including, without limitation, the selection, sequence and "look and feel" and arrangement of items, is owned and operated by Ticketweb and will remain the property of Ticketweb. The Site is protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark and other laws, and you acknowledge that these rights are valid and enforceable. You further acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by using the Site or the Materials.
The trademarks, logos, and service marks displayed on the Site (collectively the "Trademarks") are the registered and unregistered trademarks of Ticketweb, Ticketweb's licensors and suppliers, and others. The Trademarks owned by Ticketweb, whether registered or unregistered, may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not offered by Ticketweb, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion with customers, or in any manner that disparages Ticketweb. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark without the express written permission of Ticketweb, Ticketweb's licensors or suppliers, or the third party owner of any such Trademark. Misuse of any Trademarks is prohibited, and Ticketweb will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights in such Trademarks, including via civil and criminal proceedings.
Descriptions or images of, or references to, products or services on the Site do not imply Ticketweb's endorsement of such products or services. We reserve the right, without prior notification, to change such descriptions or references; to honor, or impose conditions on the honoring of, any coupon, coupon code, promotional code or other similar promotions; to bar any user from making any or all Transaction(s); to limit the order quantity on any product or service; and/or to refuse to provide any user with any product or service. Verification of information applicable to a purchase may be required prior to Ticketweb's acceptance of any order. Price and availability of any product or service are subject to change without notice. Refunds and exchanges will be subject to Ticketweb's refund and exchange policies then in effect.
5. Information Provided by Ticketweb. Although Ticketweb strives to provide Materials that are both useful and accurate, the nature of the data and other information contained on the Site is subject to frequent change. In addition, the facts and circumstances of every situation differ. Accordingly, although Ticketweb endeavors to use reasonable care in assembling the Materials, the Materials may not be up-to-date, accurate or complete.
In addition, portions of the Materials have been contributed to the Site by various artists, sports teams and other persons. The inclusion of such information does not indicate any approval or endorsement thereof, and Ticketweb expressly disclaims any liability with respect to the foregoing.
6. Forums and User Content. We and our designees may host message boards, blog feeds and other forums found on the Site (collectively, the "Forums"), and you may have the ability to provide or upload to Ticketweb creative suggestions, ideas, notes, concepts, information, content, audio recordings, videos, photographs, graphics, artwork or other copyrighted works and materials (collectively, "User Content"). No areas of this Site may be used by our visitors for any commercial purposes such as to conduct sales of tickets, merchandise or services of any kind, except that TicketExchange can be used to resell tickets to the extent compliant with law. Nothing in this paragraph shall prohibit the sale or purchase of tickets through TicketExchange, as long as such sales and purchases are conducted pursuant to the terms that apply to TicketExchange and comply with law.
By sending or transmitting User Content to us, or by posting such User Content to any area of the Site, you grant us and our designees a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, unlimited, transferable, sublicenseable (through multiple tiers), assignable, royalty-free, irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, distribute (through multiple tiers), create derivative works of, publicly perform, display, store, digitally perform, publish (on the Site, on any other website(s), in print, radio, television or elsewhere), make, have made, sell, offer for sale, import and commercialize User Content, or any portion thereof, in any manner and context (including but not limited to usage in commercial, advertising or promotional materials), now known or in the future discovered, in Ticketweb's sole discretion, in any way, in any and all media now known or hereinafter discovered, without limitation and without any compensation or acknowledgment to you or any third party. None of the User Content will be subject to any obligation, whether of confidentiality, attribution or otherwise, on our part and we will not be liable for any use or disclosure of any User Content. If Ticketweb does decide, in its sole discretion, to attribute User Content to you, you hereby grant Ticketweb the right to use your member name with respect to such attribution, and waive any claims (including, without limitation, any privacy or publicity rights claims) with respect to such use of your member name. For clarity, the foregoing license grant to Ticketweb does not affect your other ownership or license rights in your User Content, including the right to grant additional licenses to the material in your User Content, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
You further acknowledge that Ticketweb (a) is under no obligation to post, display or otherwise use any User Content, and (b) has no obligation whatsoever to pay you any royalty or other amounts on any revenues or other consideration that Ticketweb receives directly or indirectly from the use or display of your User Content or otherwise from the exercise of Ticketweb's rights granted under these Terms. You hereby agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against Ticketweb or its owners/operators, affiliates, and/or licensors, or any other person, on the grounds that any use of User Content, or any derivative works thereof, infringe any of your rights as creator of the User Content, including, without limitation, trademark rights, copyrights, publicity rights, privacy rights, and moral rights or "droit moral."
Information on our Forums may be provided by our staff and other contributors, some of whom use anonymous screen names and are people not otherwise connected with Ticketweb. You acknowledge that a large volume of information is available in our Forums and that people participating in such Forums occasionally post messages or make statements, whether intentionally or unintentionally, that are inaccurate, offensive, indecent, objectionable, obscene, threatening, harassing or encourages any such conduct, or that otherwise violate any of the Codes of Conduct, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against Ticketweb with respect thereto. We neither endorse nor are responsible for such messages or statements, or for any opinion, advice, information or other utterance made or displayed on the Site or Forums by third parties, whether such third parties are visitors to the Site, members of the Ticketweb community or others. The opinions expressed in the Forums reflect solely the opinion(s) of the participants and may not reflect the opinion(s) of Ticketweb. We are not responsible for any errors or omissions in articles or postings, for hyperlinks embedded in messages or for any results obtained from the use of such information. Under no circumstances will we or our affiliates, suppliers or agents be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on such information obtained through the Site. If notified by a user of User Content that allegedly does not conform to these Terms, Ticketweb may in its sole discretion investigate the allegation and determine in good faith and in its sole discretion whether to remove the User Content.
By submitting User Content you certify that either (i) you are eighteen (18) years old or are an emancipated minor and have the right to submit the User Content and grant the licenses provided hereunder, or (ii) you are at lest thirteen (13) years old and have obtained your parent's or legal guardian's express consent to submit the User Content and to grant the licenses provided hereunder.
You shall be solely responsible for your own User Content and the consequences of posting or publishing them. In connection with User Content, you affirm, represent and/or warrant that: (i) you own, or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to the User Content and to grant the rights and licenses to Ticketweb under all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary or intellectual property rights in and to any and all User Content in the manner contemplated by the Site and these Terms; and (ii) you have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in the User Content to use the name or likeness of such person in the manner contemplated by the Site and these Terms or, if such persons are minors, the written consent, release, and/or permission of such minor's parent or legal guardian.
You acknowledge and agree that we have the right (but not the obligation) to monitor the Site and the Forums and the User Content that you or third parties transmit or post; to alter or remove any such User Content (including, without limitation, any posting to a Forum); to disclose such User Content and the circumstances surrounding their transmission to any third party in order to operate the Site properly; to protect ourselves, our sponsors and our members and visitors; and to comply with legal obligations or governmental requests.
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF OTHER INTERNET WEBSITES AND RESOURCES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, DATA, ADVERTISING, PRODUCTS, OR OTHER MATERIALS ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH SUCH WEBSITES AND RESOURCES, IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND IS SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE APPLICABLE TO SUCH SITES AND RESOURCES.
8. Claims of Copyright Infringement. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the "DMCA") provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by Ticketweb infringe your copyright (for example, materials posted by Ticketweb on one of our Forums), you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. The notice must include the following information: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works located on the Site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works); (c) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow Ticketweb to locate the material on the Site; (d) the name, address, telephone number and email address (if available) of the complaining party; (e) a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. Additionally, if you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed by Ticketweb against you, the DMCA permits you to send Ticketweb a counter-notice.
Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see http://www.loc.gov/copyright/ for details. Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Site should be sent to Copyright Officer, Ticketweb LLC c/o Live Nation, 9348 Civic Center Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210, (310) 867-7000, email@example.com. Be aware that there can be penalties for false claims under the DMCA. We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice.
9. Access By Minors. Ticketweb cannot prohibit minors from visiting this site. Ticketweb must rely on parents, guardians and those responsible for supervising children under 13 to decide which materials are appropriate for such children to view and/or purchase. Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230 (d), as amended, we hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available on the two websites GetNetWise (http://kids.getnetwise.org/) and OnGuard Online (http://onguardonline.gov/). Please note that Ticketweb does not endorse any of the products or services listed at such websites.
10. Access from Outside the United States. The Site is primarily directed to individuals residing in the United States. We make no representation that Materials available on or through the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
We reserve the right to limit the availability of the Site and/or the provision of any service, program, film or other product described thereon to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction, at any time and in our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any such service, program, film or other product that we provide.
12. Mobile Messaging. Ticketweb may offer various browsing and mobile messaging services including, without limitation, alerts, contests, sweepstakes and offers for products. You may choose to receive Ticketweb mobile alerts by signing up or entering a mobile promotion. Mobile messaging is provided by Mozes, Inc. and your participation is also subject to the Mozes terms of service. You may view these terms of service at the Mozes website located at http://www.mozes.com/go/tos.
Standard/other text messaging and data rates may apply, according to your individual rate plan provided by your wireless carrier. Please consult your mobile service carrier's pricing plan to determine the charges for browsing data and sending and receiving text messages. Under no circumstances will Ticketweb, its parent or corporate affiliates be responsible for any text messaging or wireless charges incurred by you or by a person that has access to your wireless device or telephone number as a result of a promotion. If your carrier does not permit text alerts, you may not receive the Ticketweb text alerts. Pre-paid phones or calling plans may not be supported. You may receive a bounceback message for every message you send to Ticketweb.
You may opt out of any alerts by replying with the text "STOP" to such alert or sending the message "STOP" to the shortcode provided. If you sent the text "STOP" to the shortcode, you will no longer receive any text messages including, without limitation, advance notices of ticket sales. We will make every attempt to remove your mobile telephone number from the Ticketweb text database as soon as possible, but please allow up to ten (10) days.
Ticketweb disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, or operability or availability of information or material displayed in Ticketweb mobile messaging. Ticketweb disclaims any responsibility for the deletion, failure to store, misdelivery or untimely delivery of any information or material by Ticketweb or by you. Ticketweb disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from information or material through Ticketweb mobile messaging.
13. Termination. These Terms shall remain effective until terminated in accordance with its terms. We reserve the right to immediately terminate these Terms, and/or your access to and use of the Site or any portion thereof, at any time and for any reason, with or without cause. Upon termination of these Terms, your right to use the Site shall immediately cease, and you shall destroy all Materials obtained from the Site and all copies thereof, whether made under these Terms or otherwise. You agree that any termination of your access to or use of the Site may be effected without prior notice, and that Ticketweb may immediately deactivate or delete your password and user name, and all related information and files associated with it, and/or bar any further access to such information or files. You agree that Ticketweb shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Site or to any such information or files, and shall not be required to make such information or files available to you after any such termination.
14. Suspected Violation of these Terms or Law; Injunctive, Equitable Relief, and Liquidated Damages. Violations of these Terms, including unauthorized use of the Site, may be investigated and appropriate legal action may be taken, including without limitation civil, criminal and injunctive redress. You understand and agree that in Ticketweb's sole discretion, and without prior notice, Ticketweb may terminate and block your access to the Site or to Ticketweb's other services, cancel your ticket or merchandise order and/or tickets or merchandise acquired through your order, refuse to honor pending and future purchases made from all credit card accounts or online accounts Ticketweb believes may be associated with you, cancel a ticket or ticket order associated with any person acting or believed to be acting in concert with you, cancel your ticket postings, remove any unauthorized User Content or exercise any other remedy available, if Ticketweb believes that your conduct or the conduct of any person with whom Ticketweb believes you act in concert, or the User Content you provide, or any resale of such tickets purchased through Ticketweb (except that you may post tickets for resale through TicketExchange to the extent you are doing so in accordance with law), violates or is inconsistent with these Terms or the law, or violates the rights of Ticketweb, a client of Ticketweb or another user of the Site. Violating any limitations or terms on the Site, including but not limited to utilizing automated means to process or place ticket orders or ordering a number of tickets that exceeds the stated limit will be deemed to be a violation of these Terms. If we are unable to verify or authenticate any information or tickets you provide during any registration, ordering, purchase, ticket posting, sale, authentication, delivery, payment or remittance process, or any other process, or if we are no longer able to verify or authorize your credit card or bank account information, your tickets may be cancelled, we may refuse to honor all pending and future ticket purchases made on such credit card accounts and/or on any online accounts associated with such credit card accounts, and you may be prohibited from using the Site.
You agree that monetary damages may not provide a sufficient remedy to Ticketweb for violations of these Terms and you consent to injunctive or other equitable relief for such violations.
You agree that abusive use of the Site, as defined above, causes damage and harm to Ticketweb in the form of, among other things, impaired goodwill, lost sales, and increased expenses associated with responding to abusive use of the Site. You further agree that monetary damages for abusive use of the Site are difficult to ascertain and that proof of monetary damages for abusive use would be costly and difficult to calculate. Accordingly you agree that liquidated damages are warranted for abusive use. Therefore, you agree that if you, or others acting in concert with you, alone or collectively request more than 1,000 pages of the Site in any twenty-four hour period, you, and those acting in concert with you, will be jointly and severally liable for liquidated damages in the amount of twenty-five cents ($0.25) per page request each time that a page request is made after that first 1000 during that twenty-four hour period. You also agree that this will be the measure of damages for any abusive use that occurred prior to this provision of these Terms being in effect.
Ticketweb is not required to provide any refund to you if it exercises any of its rights or remedies because you have violated these Terms or any of Ticketweb's rights. Additionally, we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to modify, suspend or discontinue any part of this Site at any time, with or without notice to you. We also reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to impose limits on certain features and services and to restrict access to any part or to all of the Site without notice to you. We shall not be liable to you or any third party for any claim or cause of action arising out of our exercise of the foregoing rights.
15. Disclaimers. THE SITE, THE MATERIALS ON THE SITE, AND ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, TICKETWEB DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, THE MATERIALS, AND ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you. TICKETWEB DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE OR SECURE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE, THE SERVER(S) ON WHICH THE SITE IS HOSTED IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING AND MAINTAINING ALL TELEPHONE, COMPUTER HARDWARE AND OTHER EQUIPMENT NEEDED TO ACCESS AND USE THE SITE, AND ALL CHARGES RELATED THERETO. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND YOUR RELIANCE THEREON. NO OPINION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT OF TICKETWEB, WHETHER MADE ON THE SITE OR OTHERWISE, SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY. TICKETWEB DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED SITE, OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND TICKETWEB WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY MONITOR ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE. YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE ARE ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
The Site, Materials or Forums could include inaccuracies or errors, or information or materials that violate these Terms (specifically, the Code of Conduct above). Additionally, unauthorized alterations could be made by third parties to the Site, Materials or Forums. Although we attempt to ensure the integrity of the Site, we make no guarantees as to the Site's completeness or correctness. In the event that a situation arises in which the Site's completeness or correctness is in question, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. with, if possible, a description of the material to be checked and the location (URL) where such material can be found on the Site, as well as information sufficient to enable us to contact you. We will try to address your concerns as soon as reasonably practicable. For copyright infringement claims, see the section on "Claims of Copyright Infringement," above.
16. Limitation of Liability. NEITHER TICKETWEB NOR ANY OF OUR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SHAREHOLDERS, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS OR SPONSORS, NOR OUR OR THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AGENTS OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES, ARE OR WILL BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOST PROFITS), UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE AND/OR MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THE SITE, ANY LINKED SITE OR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE PURCHASED THROUGH THE SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT TICKETWEB SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR (I) ANY FAILURE OF ANOTHER USER TO THE SITE TO CONFORM TO THE CODES OF CONDUCT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT OR IN TORT, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SITE, INCLUDING ANY CLAIM, CAUSE OF ACTION, OBLIGATION, LIABILITY, RIGHT, OR REMEDY WHETHER OR NOT ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF TICKETWEB, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR SITE, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, DEFECTS, DATE BOMBS, TIME BOMBS OR OTHER ITEMS OF A DESTRUCTIVE NATURE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, (V) ANY ERRORS, MISTAKES, INACCURACIES OR OMISSIONS IN ANY MATERIALS, OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY MATERIALS POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SITE, AND/OR (VI) ANY LOST, STOLEN OR DAMAGED TICKETS, OR THE FAILURE OF A VENUE TO HONOR A TICKET. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE OR MATERIALS OR ANY LINKED SITE IS TO STOP USING THE SITE, MATERIALS, OR LINKED SITE, AS APPLICABLE. THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF TICKETWEB, AND YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY, FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES SUFFERED BY YOU AND CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, SHALL BE THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, TO ACCESS THE SITE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
You acknowledge that you may have or may in the future have claims against Ticketweb which you do not know or suspect to exist in your favor when you agreed to these Terms and which if known, might materially affect your consent to these Terms. You expressly waive all rights you may have under Section 1532 of the California Civil Code, which states:
A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND THE CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN ITS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
17. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Ticketweb, its parents, affiliates, licensors, suppliers, advertisers and sponsors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents and other representatives, harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from (a) your breach of these Terms, including any violation of the Code of Conduct, above; (b) any allegation that any User Content or other materials you submit to us or transmit to the Site infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party; and/or (c) your activities in connection with the Site.
18. Disputes. If you have a dispute and your dispute involves an event (or a ticket for an event) that is located in the United States, then you consent to personal jurisdiction, and agree to bring all actions, exclusively in a state or federal court located in Los Angeles County, California. If you have a dispute and your dispute involves an event (or a ticket for an event) that is located in Canada, then you consent to personal jurisdiction, and agree to bring all actions, exclusively in courts located in Toronto, Ontario. If you have a dispute regarding the Site but not regarding an event (and not regarding a ticket for an event), then: (a) if you are accessing the Site from the United States or any country other than Canada, then you consent to personal jurisdiction, and agree to bring all actions, exclusively in a state or federal court located in Los Angeles County, California; and (b) if you are accessing the Site from Canada, then you consent to personal jurisdiction, and agree to bring all actions, exclusively in courts located in Toronto, Ontario. If you are purchasing or selling through TicketExchange tickets to an event that is located in the State of Illinois, then this paragraph shall not apply to your purchase or sale, and instead the paragraph that will apply is the paragraph below entitled "Additional Provisions Applicable to Persons Using TicketExchange to Buy or Sell Tickets to any Event Located in the State of Illinois."
19. U.S. Export Controls. This Site and software derived from this Site is further subject to United States export controls. No software from this Site may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported: (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods; or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using the Site or any software derived there from, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
21. Investment Information. The information contained on the Site may not be current and should not be used or relied on for any decision to invest in, purchase, retain, sell or otherwise transfer the stock of Ticketmaster or for any related purpose. Ticketmaster is a publicly held Delaware corporation and files quarterly and annual reports with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission in Washington, D.C. ("SEC"). Copies of the most recent reports and other filings of Ticketmaster can be accessed through the SEC EDGAR system located at www.sec.gov or may be obtained at no charge from Ticketmaster.
22. Forward-Looking Statements. Statements in any news release of Ticketmaster contained on the Site or communicated orally or in writing that concern us or our management and that are not historical facts are "Forward-Looking Statements." Forward-Looking Statements include, without limitation, statements that (a) include the words "believes," "expects," "anticipates," "estimates" or words of similar importance or meaning with reference to us or our management; (b) are specifically identified as forward-looking; (c) describe any of our plans, objectives or goals for future operations and products; or (d) concern the characteristics and growth of our markets or customers or our expected liquidity and capital resources. Forward-Looking Statements are only predictions involving important factors and risks that may cause actual results to differ materially from those discussed in any Forward-Looking Statement. Those important factors and risks include, without limitation, economic, competitive, governmental and technological factors affecting our operations, markets, products, services and prices. Important factors and risks are described in the current Ticketmaster annual report filed with the SEC, and may be detailed from time to time in additional reports and other filings of Ticketmaster filed with the SEC. Copies of the most recent reports and other filings of Ticketmaster can be accessed through the SEC EDGAR system located at www.sec.gov or may be obtained at no charge from Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster expressly disclaims any obligation or responsibility to update or revise or supplement any Forward-Looking Statement in any news release or generally to any extent.
23. Patents. One or more patents apply to this Site and to the features and services accessible via the Site, including without limitation: USA Patent 6,023,685; USA Patent 6,704,713; USA Patent 6,907,405; and all corresponding foreign counterparts
24. Questions. If you have any questions, comments or complaints regarding these Terms or the Site, feel free to contact us at:
c/o Live Nation
9348 Civic Center Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
25. Notice for California Users. Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California Site users are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.